Bulk uplift

You may want to clear out of some of your furniture or belongings before moving home.

If you can’t dispose of the items yourself, either by donating them to charity or taking them to your council’s recycling centre, you can ask your the council to carry out a bulk uplift to remove the items for you.

Most councils have an online website booking form or a telephone number you can use to book your bulk uplift. The website also gives you information on where and when you should leave your items for uplift.

Most councils charge for this service and details of the charges are on their website.

If you don’t have access to the internet you should ask about the cost when you phone.