Discretionary Housing Benefit

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit, or have housing costs included in your Universal Credit entitlement, you may be eligible for Discretionary Housing Benefit.

A Discretionary Housing Payment can be made if you:

  • claim Housing Benefit but it doesn't cover all your rent;
  • claim Universal Credit but still can't afford your housing costs;
  • need help with removal costs; and
  • need help with a rent deposit.

Applications are made through the local council who decide if you will get a payment or not.

For more information go to the UK Government website

If you need help with this and are currently a tenant of one of our homes at Wheatley Homes Glasgow, Loretto, Wheatley Homes East or Wheatley Homes South then please contact your Housing Officer.

If you are not currently a tenant with us, you should contact Citizens Advice or your local council’s Housing Benefit Team.